In early April, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) Director issued new Orders for Social Distancing, Facial Coverings, and Non-Congregating. The new Order replaces several previous orders. Below a summary of some of the provisions:
- Restaurant, drinking establishments, and banquet facility tables must be 6 feet apart and seat no more than ten people per table. Facial coverings must be worn when not seated.
- Practice good hand washing and hygiene.
- Have events outside whenever possible.
- Remain seated when actively eating or drinking in public.
- Keeping capacity at indoor venues limited to 25% and making sure protocols are outlined.
- Wear masks at all times in any indoor location that’s not a residence or outside and unable to maintain a safe, social distance.
- Social distancing of six feet.
- Indoor Events: Individual groups of people to ten or fewer without congregating with other groups around them.
- Outdoor events: No capacity limit.
The Preamble to the Order states that “Continuing to wear a mask, socially distance, and avoid large gatherings will get us to the goal of 50 cases per 100,000 over two weeks will bring an end to Health Orders.”