Real Estate Law, Land acquisition, sale, and development today are complex undertaking, which includes many competing interests and numerous legal issues. The lawyer advising the purchaser, financing entity, land owner, developer, or real estate user client, to be most effective, and, therefore of greatest benefit to the client, must be much more than just a basic or general real estate practitioner.
Having a basic knowledge of engineering, architecture, and traffic issues is important. Having a detailed knowledge of title, environmental and financing issues, and the zoning code/subdivision code is critical. Of even greater importance, is knowing the administrative process and the local political environment to be able to provide efficient, cost-effective, and successful representation.
PSE has been around for over 90 years, and real estate law has been one of its significant practice areas since the beginning. Starting in the 1950s with the representation of Charles Huber, the developer of Huber Heights, the firm’s role grew into being much more of a real estate counselor – assisting the client from new land acquisition to end use or sale. As real estate development has moved into larger, more complex, and varied projects over the last 40 years, PSE has been at the forefront of that process throughout the State of Ohio and the Midwest Region.
- Administrative approvals and appeals including variances, conditional uses, records plans, subdivisions, building, and fire code issues
- Commercial, residential, and ground leasing
- Cooperative Economic Development Agreements (CEDA)/Joint Economic Development Agreements (JEDD)
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Establishing Special Assessment Districts (SAD’s)
- Document preparation including condominium and homeowners associations covenants, conditions and restrictions, REA’s
- Traditional and reverse 1031 tax-free exchanges
- Land acquisition
- Land use planning development
- Land use litigation
- Zoning/PUD/site plan and development plan
- Commercial title insurance
- Contract negotiations
A representative client list includes Steiner & Associates, Inc., Trammell Crow, Beazer Homes, Charles Simms Development, the Glimcher Realty Trust, National Amusements, Inc., Schottenstein Development, Arnold Enterprises, Rex Stores, Wal-Mart, T&R Properties, The Cities of Huber Heights, Ohio, Springboro, Ohio and Vandalia, Ohio.