A thorough estate plan makes certain that your hard-earned assets pass to those you have chosen, in a manner that reflects your current wishes. It also can avoid the requirements and public disclosure of your financial and planning information involved in the Probate process. The experienced attorneys and staff at Pickrel, Schaeffer & Ebeling are very knowledgeable, and helpful and understand how to assist our clients with their estate planning needs, whether the needs be simple or more complicated.
Business owners have many planning decisions to make in addition to their general estate planning considerations, including, but not limited to, general management decisions, tax planning and long-term strategic planning, among many others. We also assist business owners who have rental real estate in setting up a limited liability company (LLC) for planning purposes. Business owners who do sufficient planning with experienced attorneys are usually rewarded with less problems, less conflict, fewer taxes and more peace of mind, for themselves and their loved ones.
For over ninety years, Pickrel, Schaeffer & Ebeling have worked with clients advising them on their estate planning needs, whether the planning is basic or complex. Administering Probate or non-Probate assets after death goes more smoothly if you have taken the time to keep your estate plan current during your lifetime. Whatever planning is desired, the experienced attorneys and staff at our firm are well-equipped to guide you.
- Wills, revocable living trusts, and irrevocable trusts
- Planning to minimize federal Estate and Gift Tax and Ohio Estate Tax
- Lifetime disability planning
- Business succession planning
- Charitable planning options
- Prenuptial agreements / Second marriage planning
- Advise and assist in the titles of assets and the beneficiary designations of life insurance and retirement accounts to flow according to the estate plan