Taxation – it was once said that those who complain about taxes can be divided into two classes of people: men and women. The PSE Tax Law team regularly counsels its clients on many tax-related issues facing businesses, trade organizations, municipalities, and private individuals.
The PSE Tax Law team will work with new businesses to help them plan and structure their business from the most tax-advantageous perspective. They will assist clients that are thinking of acquiring or selling a business and provide suggestions from a tax-advantage manner utilizing tax-free reorganizations and other tax deferral or reduction techniques. Our attorneys have also successfully raised capital using private placement security transactions. If you have personal tax issues, our Tax Law team can guide you through the maze of the IRS to help resolve the issue.
PSE’s Tax Law team is made up of experienced, knowledgeable, and dedicated professionals who can expertly and cost-effectively assist in navigating the frequently complex matters of the Federal, State, and Local tax codes. The Tax Law team at PSE focuses specifically on Business Tax Law, however, if you have personal tax issues we can also help you get closure. The attorneys at Pickrel, Schaefer & Ebeling work together as a team to give you the combined strength and knowledge of over 20 attorneys.
- Federal income and excise taxes
- State and local income, sales, and property taxes
- Tax-free corporate mergers and reorganizations
- Partnership taxation
- Gift taxes
- Estate taxes
- Tax-exempt and charitable organizations
- Forward and Reverse 1031 tax-free like-kind exchanges
- Qualified retirements plans and IRAs
- Non-qualified deferred compensation
- Stock options
- Split-dollar insurance
- Executive compensation
- Tax planning for individuals, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, and charitable organizations