Our clients regularly enlist our assistance in formulating personnel policies and procedures. Our goal is to ensure that our clients are in full compliance with all laws and to create employment applications, policies, procedures, and handbooks that meet the needs of their particular business while providing a useful working guide for managing the workforce. For those clients who already have employment applications, policies, procedures, and handbooks, we are often asked to review them to make sure they meet the requirements of a changing legal landscape, as well as meet the needs of companies that are constantly growing and evolving.
Members of Pickrel, Schaeffer & Ebeling’s Employment Law team appear before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, State, and Federal Courts, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance, and many other administrative agencies of the State and Federal Government.
While our Employment Law and Workers’ Compensation team focuses on the employee and employment side of businesses, they also work with the other teams at PSE, giving you the combined strength and experience of over twenty attorneys. Our attorneys can assist with Business, Tax, and Real Estate matters, Employee Immigration concerns, and our experienced Litigation team will aggressively defend you if a matter needs to go to court. We look forward to working with you.
- Gender, race, age, and handicap discrimination
- Harassment and retaliation claims
- Wrongful discharge and at-will employment
- BWC intentional tort and VSSR claims
- Non-competition, non-solicitation, and trade secrets
- Employment policies and practices in personnel handbooks
- Employment contracts and consulting agreements
- Whistleblowers, false claim allegations
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Workers’ compensation
- Employee health welfare benefits, COBRA, ERISA, and HIPAA