Matt is a shareholder and chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment Department. He has represented and counseled public and private employers of all sizes. For more than 35 years, he has helped clients avoid and defend cases before state and federal courts, arbitrators, and administrative agencies, including cases arising under:
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Title VII and state anti-discrimination laws
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
Matt provides day-to-day counseling and compliance with laws, regulations, and court decisions and strategic guidance to employers in all labor and employment law areas. He has extensive experience in drafting and updating employee handbooks and training supervisors on employment laws, including sexual harassment.
Matt has been engaged in various industries from the perspective of both the employer and employee. He is an experienced negotiator and has represented numerous parties in collective bargaining negotiations. He has also represented numerous public employers and employees in civil service matters.